Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wheel South

Anticipating to see this signboard for hours..

The duration C4 took to Melaka was minutes compared to the road trip I had with Turkish and his parents. We left Istanbul early in the morning, drove at least 11 hours to Gümüldür, Izmir. I slept through the journey, woke up once in a while when the sun shone on my face. Once we arrived at our hotel, my jaw fell from the beauty of its environment.

Let me rephrase.

It's Denizati Holiday Village (Turkish=Denizati/Seahorse). The entire area is shaded under tall pine trees, carpeted with green grass and out front is open to the Aegean Sea. We couldn't wait to jump into the waters, though I felt a bit shaky. I have hardly swam in the sea before.. only in swimming pools as long as I can remember. I couldn't wait to get tanned though ;)

Turkish and his Mum checking in at the reception

Half an hour later, we hit the beach!

Hehehehe shades IS essential wherever I go now

There were lots to do. We could play any sports we like, there's swimming pool if we don't go to the sea, snack bars, restaurants, shops nearby to look-see and a list of other stuff. We even played Mini Golf! But the weather is so freaking hot, all we wanted to do was relax and hide from the sun LOL Turkish is allergic to the sun really, too much isnt good for his skin. As for me, more the better :P

Mmmmm.. chlorine water, I like! LOL

At the snack bar with my Sprite and Turkish had his Carlsberg :)

Looks like a promising shot eh? Guess again LOL

At least my picture doesn't lie :P

Dinner is buffet-style (all the meals are actually) with a rich selection of local cuisine. Ohhh, my. I had a gala with their Main dishes of rice, lamb and more lamb. Salads are always rich, every kind of vegetables and with every kind of dressing there is. At night, we went back to the beach, not to swim but to lie on the benches. Turkish and I on one side and his folks at another. The night scene was beautiful. The sound of the waves and the not-so-dark-sky (moon was very bright) filled with stars. It was VERY romantic :)

I didn't snap too many of them.. I charged at the food LOL

Turkish and I *giggles*

Mesmerizing.. every couple should experience this :)

4 comments:

Pisa knows all sees all said...

looking good babes! missing you!

soolynnie said...

I love Turkish too, bcoz of you. Hahhahhah. Have fun

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Thanks, Pisa :) Gimme updates sometimes! I miss you as much *hugs*

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Heheheee Soo Lynnie, trying to be funny again issit ;)