Thursday, July 10, 2008

Reunion Dinner

Mummy brought Fats and I to the Overseas Restaurant at Jalan Imbi, KL. Aaahhh.. I might have mentioned in my earlier posts that this is the "place to be". Fats' return on the same day as me was a real surprise. Mummy was pleased that he arranged his schedule as such so that we can all go back to Penang and visit Daddy. Together, as a family.

Mummy and I (no idea why the pics so yellow)

The must-have, Shark's fin soup! Something Pisa despises LOL

Fats pouring us a hot cuppa tea the right way!

Our 3rd Uncle@ 3Jek is expecting our visit to his house. He has been very kind and supportive in every way to us. He even wants to throw a party to celebrate my historical achievement LOL We'll see. Daddy was cremated and his urn is placed in "Huai En Ge" in Bukit Mertajam. It means.. uhmmm.. let's see. Memorial of Remembrance in Chinese. My paternal grandfather was buried on the hills and Daddy's altar is at the bottom of it.

The entrance into "Huai En Ge"..

.. and inside is Daddy's resting place

Sometimes I hear people say outloud that Daddy didnt have the opportunity to see me graduate, poor him but some went on to say that he wasted his money and other sort of ugly statements. It hurts me to hear these coming out of their bad mouths but inside, I know Daddy witnessed everything from the day he passed on. I'm sure of it.

2 comments:

Sharini said...

my grandma always wanted to see me as a doctor. unfortunately, she passed away last year. i believe, she is watching over me and is happy that i have now graduated. what else does she have to do up there besides spy on her children and grandchildren? :P

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Hehehee spy-spirits :P