Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lomo Mania

Aaahhhh!! Turkish bought me a Lomography!! *grins*.

After Starlite Diner yesterday, I met Turkish around 6pm. We went to check out Respublika, a book/music/miscellaneous shop that sells Lomo cameras. I was damn excited to see the lo-fi gadgets! I have been reading about them for weeks and Turkish decided to get the "toy camera" for me!! They are all analog-cameras and their motto is "Don't think, just shoot". Perfect for photography enthusiasts with no requirement for perfection!

Not even back to old school, it's back to before school was built :P

The shop assistant was great, let us put our hands on every model but after 20minutes and no signs of purchase, he left us! Hahahaha we were just fickle about the models. The Holga is cute, comes as a starter kit (with batteries, a roll of 120mm film and colour gel flash) but the shape is somewhat bulky and I dont know.. didnt feel so right. We never bothered with Fisheye because of the lens. Then we fondled Diana+F for a bit and felt like she is the one!! The flash mounted on the panel looked a bit silly so in the end, we decided Diana+ is truly the one!! Hahahhahahahaa she shall serve us well :)

I bet if I were to ask someone to snap a picture for us, he/she will go "Eh?"

Noooooo.. they really work! Dont let their looks fool you!!

I cant wait for weekend to come!! Turkish said we will bring Diana+ outdoor with us to VDnKH (pronounced veh-denk-haa) provided the weather is good. OMG. I cant wait!! These cameras are meant to take candid shots like "Kodak moment(s)". It is the blurry, over-saturated, under/overexposed pictures that make Lomo famous. According to the site, it is considered Lomography Technique. Some may say it's a sad excuse to distasteful and/or distorted photography but I have seen many of the results posted and I like them. I think it's really cool for a change :)

10 Rules of Lomography
1. Take your camera everywhere you go
2. Use it anytime- day and night
3. Lomography isnt an interference in your life but part of it
4. Try the shot from the hip
5. Approach the subject of your lomographic desire as close as possible
6. Don't think
7. Be fast
8. You dont have to know before hand what you captured on film
9. Afterwards either
10. Dont worry about any rules (bahahahahaa :P)

2 comments:

W1 said...

this thing weigh 1 ton????

Gorgeous Ol' Eve said...

Your headlahh only weigh 1 ton! LOL