Monday, December 17, 2007

Fucking Foul

Today we had our lecture in Paediatrics Infectious Hospital No.5 all the way up north at M.VDHX (pronounced as veh-den-hah). Not only the location was ass deep in the district, we had to walk farther from the main road after we got off the bus. Fine. It is an Infectious Department, thats why these hospitals have to be isolated from public.

Furthermore, security was tight. The guard checked out student cards, asked for our name list, ID-ed us and made us call the lecturer from the office phone. Pfffttt. Protocol it seemed. They cant be letting strangers into the building because they might kidnap the kids. I felt really grouchy the whole time because I havent slept since I woke up at 10am on Sunday. We had a massive clean up, for our comfort and also Jeffrey's (Jason's younger brother) visit. I had this bloody Lipton White Tea before bedtime and I was tossing, turning till 3am. Usually these caffeine beverages dont have effects on my sleep but I blame them this time.

Nauseous: Look at this.. tell me if you like to attend classes here

Our class was held in the basement of the hospital. Goodness. The corridor was horrifying. It looked haunted for one and it stank of dead rats!! I dont know why they even conduct lectures/classes there!! For the amount of tuition fees we paid, seriously, they gotta place us in a humane environment. I think they breed rednecks in that basement. The wires were dangling on the ceiling, the walls were stained brown *yuck* and looked damp. Urgghh.. Stephen King ought to come here for inspiration.

My Attention: Hahahaha I was already half-dead and nearly died from this lecture

Not Alone: It was just me being difficult.. Douglas too!! (though not so convincing :P)

Luckily the topics for the lecture were a repetition of diseases we have already learned. I had to breathe through the collar of my labcoat for 2 hours. I rather suffocate from my Emporio Remix perfume than the stench of decomposing rodents. We had this experience before in 4th Year at the Neurology Department. Our teacher, Dr.Avgustina told us there was a pest extermination before our cycle and the whole floor smelled terrible :(

I came home after class and crashed for a few hours. Jeffrey arrived safe and sound. Brought a lot of goodies from home too. Mr and Mrs.Tan included greeting cards, one for Christmas and another for Chinese New Year (which came with an AngPau!). Oof. I must stay away from the Lipton teabags at night. Danger, Joe.

3 comments:

Sha said...

omg. that place looks terrible! how long you have to attend classes there??

bring some incense my best, quietly burn it underneath your desk. lol.

stephen king would seriously have a field day.

Hannan said...

hahaha... not suprised at all!!! .... come on.. it's russia aite.. what do u expect? red carpet? u should know better darling!

Gorgeous Ol' Eve said...

2 more classes, my best :( I think someone's fart in the class would smell better.. no thats gross too LOL

Ehhh Hannan darling.. weve studied in really bad places but this department is something else.. a bit too much right?