Sunday, December 10, 2006

Impulsive

im·pul·sive /ɪmˈpʌlsɪv/ [im-puhl-siv]
–adjective
1. actuated or swayed by emotional or involuntary impulses
2. having the power or effect of impelling; characterized by impulsion
3. inciting to action: the impulsive effects of a revolutionary idea.
4. Mechanics. (of forces) acting momentarily; not continuous.

My best friend was the first person who described this word on me. I pretty much say and do things without thinking nor weighing the consequences. I am capable of giving instant shots of bitch statements, offensive lines, uncalled for opinions and most often make calls that cannot be taken back.

Until today I still feel bad for that one time when my best friend needed comfort the most. I showed her my anger instead because I couldnt bear to see her hurt. Yeahh. You could say that I have bad control of my emotions. Maybe its because I am such a spontaneous person, I dont hesistate to take an action as long as I dont mean harm (at least I think I dont).

This entry is somewhat a reminder for me. Being impulsive causes damage more than it does good. The saying "think before you say/act" has been around since forever is not for nothing.

After our sumptious Sunday meal today, Jason Reena and I had a discussion about this word. We had our views and cocked up mulitiple examples to prove this adjective. In the end we concluded one thing- Reena is repulsive LOL It was fun :)

No comments: